BusinessCrime & PoliceNews

Firefighters Rescue North Iowa Woman from Apartment Fire

A north Iowa woman was rescued from her second story apartment after it caught fire Thursday (05.30) night.

KIMT reported the woman was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries after a fire started in her apartment above American Family Insurance on Main Street in Osage.

KIMT quoted Osage Fire Chief Joe Krukow as saying the buildings of the insurance agency, operated by Niky Lewis, as well as Teluwut Grille House & Pub, were also impacted by the fire. Both establishments suffered smoke and water damage, but are both still structurally sound. However, the woman’s apartment is likely a total loss. 

A Mitchell County Sheriff’s Deputy suffered a cut on his forearm while rescuing the woman, but was treated on the scene. 

 Mitchell County Regional Health Ambulance and Osage Police also responded to the scene of the fire, which is under investigation.

In a Facebook post Monday (06.03), Niky Lewis says her Osage office is temporarily closed and customers can call 1-800-MY-AM-FAM for immediate assistance. She says she currently operating from home, but is unable to meet with clients. However, she will also check emails and social media messages frequently and respond accordingly.

In a Facebook video, Lewis also announced that she will not move back into that location and is researching a temporary location that will at least allow her to meet face-to-face with clients.

A Facebook update Monday by Teluwut says they remain temporarily closed, with hopes of reopening by the end of this week.

Mark Pitz

News Director/Weekdays 10am to 2pm on 95.9 KCHA
ADVERTISEMENT
Back to top button