Voting absentee in Chickasaw County? The minute you get your ballot this week in the mail, you can vote for the general election. The Chickasaw County Auditor’s Office sent out a memo to anyone voting absentee, reminding them the different ways they can vote:
- The voter may return their voted ballot via the USPS
- The voter’s designee may return the voted ballot via USPS
- The voter may personally deliver their voted ballot to the County Auditor’s Office
- The voter’s designee may personally deliver the voted ballot to the County Auditor’s Office
- The voter may return their voted ballot in the Dropbox located in the Sheriff’s office lobby.
New Hampton’s Mayor Bobby Schwickerath encourages the county to vote.
Schwickerath also wants people to remember there are multiple elections to be voting for:
One of these elections is for the Board of Supervisors in Chickasaw County.
To hear the candidates for this race in action, 95.1 The Bull in New Hampton will be holding a candidate forum on Thursday at 6 p.m.
The candidates participating are:
David Tilkes (D)
Rick Holthaus (N)
Mark Knoll (N)
Jacob Hackman (R)
Joan E. Knoll (D)
Matthew Kuhn (R)
Ken Rasing (D)
One can also watch the video stream at 951thebull.com.