Schools and firefighters teamed up last week to celebrate Fire Prevention Week. Poster contests, rides on engines and firefighters visiting classrooms highlighted a week.
But on Wednesday, the Nashua Volunteer Fire Department saved a seven-year-old child from a burning house. Firefighters entered the house and found Janie Bryner trapped near the front of the house, unconscious.
First responders administered CPR and medics transported her to the Floyd County Medical Center and then later to The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.
She’s expected to make a full recovery.