Cresco, Iowa – Mienergy Cooperative has donated fifty three hundred dollars in local donations in Northeast Iowa. Operation Round Up is funded by donations made by members of MiEnergy Cooperative who voluntarily have their electric bill rounded up to the next dollar. About 1,800 members currently participate with the average donation being $6 a year per member.
The program is based on the idea that small change adds up. Currently, the program gives out about $10,000 each year to local organizations. The organizations are:
- $500, Decorah Elks Charitable Foundation, to support a camp for children in foster care.
- $500, Elma Area Community Foundation, to support the Elma Fire and Rescue fund.
- $500, Harmony Fire Department, to build a community memorial to honor volunteer firefighters.
- $500, Home and Community Options, Winona, Minn., to support next year’s musical production.
- $500, Howard County Sheriff’s Office, Cresco, Iowa, to help upgrade its radio system and equipment.
- $500, Quilter’s Therapy, Mabel, Minn., to help purchase supplies to create quilts for veterans.
- $500, Mobile Mamma, Cresco Iowa, to support a program for parents on the topic of online safety.
- $500, Sunflower Child Development Center, Decorah, Iowa, to help purchase new playground equipment.
- $400, Spring Grove Public Library, to help purchase a new computer for public use.
- $300, Tasktakers, Spring Grove, Minn., to purchase yard cleanup supplies for those who need assistance with outdoor tasks.
- $200, Empty Bowls, Harmony, Minn., to help purchase supplies for the event that raises money for Fillmore County Food Shelves.
- $200, Quilts of Valor, Decorah Iowa, to help with the cost of shipping quilts to volunteer long-arm quilters.
- $200, Spring Grove Girl Scouts, to help purchase supplies for a leadership trip.