Charles City, Iowa – The National Weather Service will be holding a few storm spotter training classes around the area over the next several weeks.
Todd Shea, warning coordination meteorologist at the National Weather Service in La Crosse says they will cover a lot of different topics like the spotter process, deployment and locations along with weather features like supercells, wall clouds, funnel clouds and tornadoes.
If you can’t make it to a class in person, they will hold a few webinars as well.
Here’s a list of upcoming spotter training classes around the area:
- Tuesday March 6th at Zoetis in Charles City, 6pm
- Monday March 12th at the Emergency Services Building in Greene, 6pm
- Wednesday March 14th at weather.gov/lacrosse (webinar beginning at 10am)
- Tuesday March 20th at Rhythm Church in Mason City, 6pm
- Monday March 26th at the Fire Station in Fayette, 7pm
- Friday April 6th at weather.gov/lacrosse (webinar beginning at 1pm)
To learn more about storm spotting, visit Weather.gov.