Dollars for Scholars is well known for distributing wads of cash to the area’s senior students – based both on aid and need. The organization’s scholarships are routinely spread to Comet, Gospel Lighthouse, and even home-schooled seniors. But, this type of support needs to be funded – this is why Dining for Dollars will be held on February 28th at the Elk’s Lodge at 6 p.m.
Tickets for the meal cost $30 per person and can be purchased from Dollars for Scholars member Andy Hintgen or at the Chamber.
The menu consists of:
- Charcuterie tray
- Tuscan salad with heirloom cherry tomatoes, pickles onions, fried shallots and garlic fennel vinaigrette dressing
- Homemade cavatelli with marinara and/ or homemade garlic sausage
- Lemon panna cotta with raspberry coulis
The Charles City students will be involved in the event as well:
- Entertainment provided by the Charles City High School speech department
- The Comet Cafe will be helping coordinate the event and catering efforts
The main scholarship event will be held on May 17th at the Bridge Church in Charles City – more information will be released as the event gets closer.